Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Despite everything.

When hearing the news last night. That Republicans have taken control of the U.S. Senate. And widened their majority in the House. My initial reaction was alarm.  Immense sadness, too. Worse yet. Fear. That the Republicans may even win the presidency in 2016. But a few hours later, I gained control. Of myself. Now I’m laughing. And cheerful. Because I refuse to be a pessimist. After all, I’m a natural born optimist. Always in pursuit of happiness. I’m putting it all in proper perspective. Ain’t a matter of death. I’ll go on living. That’s the important thing. I’ll adjust. One way or another. Did so. Even when it was death. Of my dear sweet Jeanne. From Alzheimer’s. Almost 8 years ago.  I rallied. And learned to savor life. Even more. Because there’s so much to love. Despite Alzheimer’s. Despite Republicans. Despite everything. –Jim Broede

No comments: