Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The American dream. Fading away.

Politicians. Dressed in robes. Unfortunately, that’s what we have on the U.S. Supreme Court. And that should be a crime. But it isn’t. Because conservative politicians have no scruples. They’ve seen to it that four, and maybe five, conservative politicos are on the Supreme Court. They aren’t truly neutral and unbiased judges.  That spells doom for fairness. Makes me disappointed. And leaves me in a foul mood. That this could happen. In America. My homeland.  A corrupted Supreme Court. I was taught. When growing up. That the American judicial system would always be the last bastion of fairness. That the Supreme Court  was devoid of politics.  A separate and independent branch of government.  That Congress and the executive branch were the domains of politicians. I accept that. But I can’t accept the takeover of the Supreme Court. By highly partisan conservative politicians. Shameful. Shameful. Shameful. Something has to be done about it. To bring fairness back to America. But I ain't holding my breath waiting for it to happen. I see the American dream. Fading, fading, fading away. –Jim Broede

No comments: