Sunday, December 14, 2014

A double blessing. I deserve it.

What is love? Ain't an easy question to answer. I've been pondering the difference. Between loving and grieving. Generally, I think of grieving as painful. And love as pleasant. I've had two true loves in my lifetime. One has died. But when I think of dear sweet Jeanne, it's never painful. Always pleasant. Even the bad times. When Jeanne had Alzheimer's, and was dying. I remember only the pleasant stuff. The romps in a wheelchair. Face to face contact. An unexpected smile.  Oh, so many fond memories.  Yes, I grieved for a while. That was painful.  But there's no more pain. Because I'm thinking of Jeanne in loving ways.  She's still very much alive. In spirit. Helps me get on. With the rest of my life.  As lover. Not a griever. Nothing wrong with having two true loves in one's life. A double blessing. I deserve it. --Jim Broede 

No comments: