Friday, December 19, 2014

An inherent desire.

The best way to die. I've been thinking about it. If I had a choice. I want my cause of death to be officially listed as old age. Which means that an exact cause was difficult to ascertain. Not really worth an autopsy to find a specific medical reason. Anyway, that probably would mean that I had an opportunity for a full life. Might have wasted it. But still, I was given a fair chance to make something of it. I'm in no hurry to reach the infirmities of old age. I'm no spring chicken. But I'm still agile. Thinking conscious thoughts. Funny. And serious. And I'm still walking 10 miles a day. And I'm trying to live as a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a writer, a lover, a dreamer. In no particular order of priority.  I'm in pursuit of 'em all. Mostly motivated by an inherent desire to be a lover.  --Jim Broede

No comments: