Monday, December 29, 2014

Let it be: Nothing.

Trying to live a very passive and quiet day. Without gettting excited or aroused about anything. Just to see if I can do it. And maybe even string several of these days together. To see how long I can do it. My aim: To achieve the ultimate in tranquility.  Calm. Cool. Collected. Don't know if I've ever reached such a state before. Completely relaxed. For a relatively long, long time. No stress. Of course, a certain amount of stress is good. But I keep wondering. What it would be like living with virtually no stress. For weeks. For months. Would it drive me crazy?  Because I'm addicted to stress. And to exercise. To daily workouts.  I need to write every day, too. And I'm doing that now. Without feeling stressed. Or hurried. Or badgered. Or obligated. But I'm not sure about all the physical exercise. Now that I'm nearing 80. I'm telling myself: Slow down. It's all right to be lazy. Sit. On a park bench. In the sunshine.  Read a book. Consider doing absolutely nothing. Whatever that means. Anyway, there's no reason to waste time defining nothing. Let it be: Nothing. --Jim Broede

No comments: