Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Maybe I'm a mere fake.

My Chicago Bears are in a funk. They are a bad football team.  That happens. There are good teams. And bad teams. Mediocre teams, too. The Bears are bad. Dysfunctional. Oh, they've won five games. And lost nine. Maybe some fans would call that adequate. But for most Bears fans, that's considered very bad.  Because the team lacks lustre. Lacks get up and go. Lacks desire. It's as if the players don't care. About winning or losing.  Of course, that could be considered good. Because the players may think there are more important things in life. Than winning or losing. I'm a Bears fan. But I've learned to accept losing. Doesn't bother me all that much. Maybe it gets a little annoying. But I get on with life. Precisely because there are more important things.  Wonder if that makes me a true Bears fan. Maybe I'm a mere fake. --Jim Broede

No comments: