Thursday, December 4, 2014

No need to wait for tomorrow.

Americans continually reinvent themselves. But Italians don't. Maybe that's the nice thing about being Italian. This was the premise. Yesterday. Of New York Times columnist Roger Cohen. In praise of Italians. I agree with Cohen. I love Italians. And Italian ways. Especially goes for my dear Italian true love. Because she dares to be Italian. Dares to be herself. Though at times I kiddingly tell her she's still living in the 17th century. And that some day, I will bring her  into the 18th century. Again, I am kidding. I have no desire to change her. Better to let her be. Her natural self. Delightfully Italian. In every which way. Really, better than American. I am American. Inclined to reinvent myself. Occasionally. But I'm learning. The grand Italian ways. Accepting life. The way it is. Making the best of it. With no regrets. Going with the flow. Lovingly. In no hurry. Better to savor what one has. Genuine life. To be loved and revered. Now. No need to put off. No need to wait for tomorrow. --Jim Broede

No comments: