Saturday, December 27, 2014

Thank goodness.

I like to think about things. Anything.  But preferably good things. Positive things. Stuff that makes me happy. But even if I think about bad things. Negative stuff. It's still helpful. Because inevitably that leads me to good thoughts. About the many wonders of life. I acknowledge the existence of good and bad/evil. That's helpful. Because I need comparisons. Contrasting realities. To make me better aware and appreciative of good. In that sense, evil serves a positive purpose. Helps me grasp the meaning of life. The world. And life itself. Are full of choices. One can be programmed. Like a robot. To make certain choices. Automatically. Or one can think. And ponder. And muse. About right and wrong.  Often, there's no clear distinction. Right for me, may be wrong for another. Depends. On many circumstances. And situations. Little wonder that it can be extremely difficult differentiating between good and evil. Often I see good springing/sprouting/spiraling from what can be easily perceived as a bad and sad and tragic event. Such as the deaths of my maternal grandparents. In their 20s and 30s. If that hadn't happened, it would not have set in motion a series of events that led to me being born. I became the recipient of life. Because of the early deaths of others. Thank goodness. For me. --Jim Broede

No comments: