Monday, January 26, 2015

Life of the spirit.

Feeling out of sorts.  Don't like that feeling. I've been fortunate. Almost my entire life. Because I seldom feel out of sorts. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. But lately, I'm not right physically. And that affects my mental and emotional being. That's the danger of physical existence.  Why I'd prefer being spirit. Though I suppose a spirit can feel out of sorts, too. But not for physical reasons.  Maybe there would be a yearning to be physical again. Though I doubt it. Sometimes, I like to pretend. That I am spirit. That's when I feel my best.  Because then I'm light and vibrant. I almost forget my physicality. I have a sense of levitating. Of leaving my body. I am mesmerized.  Of course, I'm not really spirit.  But I am relatively relaxed. And I think more clearly. I wonder. If I were total spirit. Would I still be able to write? Maybe it wouldn't matter. If I had amazing clarity. I would become my thought. Immersed. My thought would become alive.  A new form of life. Of the spirit. --Jim Broede

No comments: