Tuesday, January 27, 2015

An odd way to pick a doctor.

After 30-some years with a woman as my primary care physician, I have a male doctor.  Wondering now. If that's a mistake. I'm more comfortable with a woman medic. Even when it comes to dealing with man stuff. Women tend to be more understanding. They put me at ease. Furthermore, they seem to be more knowledgeable. About the dynamics of medical care. Basically, they come across as more caring. And isn't that what it's all about? My doctor of many years retired last year.  Shopping for a new doctor has been difficult. To say the least. I've settled on a man. For the time being. Because he happens to be around. Lives nearby. Walks his two Samoyed dogs. Regularly. Past my house. That's  his major qualification. Which seems an odd way to pick a doctor. Happens his wife is a doctor, too. In the same clinic. Maybe it makes more sense for me to give her a try. --Jim Broede

No comments: