Sunday, January 25, 2015

Better to dwell on living.

I have to learn to accept death. Gracefully. Without being nervous. Or uptight. Once I learn that, I'll be all right. Now I'm anxious about it. Maybe anxiety is a form of fear. I'd like to think. That I don't ever live in fear. But the truth is, I do. Always have. Since I was a youth. Since understanding. That some day I'll die. So I tried not to think about it. About my mortality. Seems to me that it's best to not dwell on one's inevitable death. Better to focus on living. Maybe that's the best approach. Right up to the end. To find ways to focus on living. Anyway, I have heart disease. And modern technology gives me a reprieve. Ways to delay the ineviatble. Gives me more time. To either dwell on dying. Or on living. A while longer. To savor the time I have left. Without remorse. Without regret. Without anxiety. All of this is easier said than done. --Jim Broede

No comments: