Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Let's be fair and decent to all.

The kind of violence and militancy that I hate most. It's the kind done with religious fervor. That's why, in many ways, I am leery of organized religions.  I try to steer clear of 'em all. There's always a danger of religious fervor. Closed mindedness.  The inability to listen to the other side. To non-believers. To atheists.   Too many religious fanatics look down their noses. At anyone that isn't their kind of believer. I'm a spiritual free-thinker. I'm for everyone having their free and independent thoughts. About religion. About spirituality. The important thing. They shouldn't foist their beliefs on everyone else.  Instead, better to pursue life in a peaceful manner.  When religions turn violent -- they're no longer espousing the sacred and decent thing.  It happens in many religions. Islam and Christianity. A shame. They both have violent histories.  Records of gross intolerance. Of anyone that doesn't share their beliefs.  Meanwhile, I don't require anyone to be a free-thinker. I'll settle for fair thinkers. And fair actors.  Let's be fair and decent to everyone. --Jim Broede

No comments: