Saturday, January 31, 2015

Only the fond memories remain.

I want my life to flow. If not perfectly. In a decent direction/manner. But it doesn't always go that way. So I have learned to accept life. In whatever way it flows. Trying to make the best of it. Because I have no other choice. Because what happens, happens. Whether I like it or not. Of course, I try to make things happen. That I can live with. While remaining relatively happy.  That means focusing mostly on things that have gone right. Rather than wrong. I have also discovered that time often obliterates from my mind/memory the things that have gone bad. Time also makes it easier to remember good stuff. For instance, in the 38 years of marriage to my dear wife Jeanne, only the fond memories remain. I can't really recall any bad times. --Jim Broede

No comments: