Saturday, January 17, 2015

The nature and essence of life.

I keep discovering. People worth knowing. Not all that many. But enough to make me thankful and grateful.  Some of 'em don't think of me as worth knowing.  But that rarely happens. No problem. I don't foist myself on anyone. It would be a terrible life. If one never encountered people worth knowing.  Then one would never fall in love. I've only fallen in love twice. In a lifetime spanning almost 80 years. Often enough. To consider myself lucky. And blessed.  Every day. I'm not too surprised if I meet someone worth knowing. Though it happens infrequently. A few days a year. Occasions to celebrate. Feels good. Usually, I know there's a connection. Instantly. As if it was preordained. However, sometimes it takes a while. To catch the right vibes. It's all right. To take one's time. And let things simmer.  Slowly. Slowly. Amazing, isn't it? To discover. The nature and essence of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: