Wednesday, February 11, 2015

As long as I'm in mindful control.

Losing control of one's mind. Maybe that's the major reason to see a psychotherapist. Makes me wonder. How does one know? That the mind is being lost. Maybe gradually.  My guess is that the mind fools itself. Not wanting to face the truth. Thus a false reality. Maybe that's the nature of the so-called happy life. The ability to glamorize one's existence. Some of us have it. Some don't. My presumption. People that go into depression, don't. They have lost a spark. A love for life. Maybe psychotherapy is a way to get back on a positive track. Maybe not. Maybe it's drug therapy. A readjustment of the chemical balance in one's blood. Maybe not. There's no sure-fire way to keep control of one's mind. Though I find it effective. To sit down. And capture my thoughts. In writing. A constant internal debate. A dialogue. With my soul. If I have one. And I can't be sure. Maybe it's an imagined soul. Maybe all of life is imagined. And one goes on living. Forever. In an imagined reality. Makes me wonder. If that's good enough for me. Probably is. As long as I'm in imaginative/mindful control. --Jim Broede

No comments: