Saturday, February 28, 2015

From the loving part of the world.

I can hardly believe the news. The nastiness. Going on. All over the world. Except in my relatively peaceful and tranquil bailiwick. Can all this stuff be true? That I hear about. That I read.  People cutting off other people's heads. For kicks. For the hell of it. To bring about what they proclaim will be a new world order.  With religious overtones. In the name of their precious god Allah. And they're luring young recruits. Fifteen year old girls from Scotland. To their cause. Yes, they're being plucked out of the so-called godless and consumer-oriented western world. To form something called a caliphate. It's insanity. Thankfully, I see it from a distance. From my safe haven. Where I create my own world. Granted, with a little bit of anxiety. Pretending that it is I. Who lives in the real world. Full of love. While flitting back and forth. Between Minnesota and Sardinia. And in constant touch. With my beloved amore mio. Who, incidentally, is about to celebrate her birthday anniversary. On Sunday. Happy birthday, dear Cristina. May we always be blessed. To live in the loving part of the world. --Jim Broede

No comments: