Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Give me a 'no mercy' mouse-killer.

My dear cat Loverboy is far too nice. He needs a vicious streak. A killer instinct. When it comes to dealing with mice, he's far  too docile. Doesn't earn his keep. Apparently, he thinks mice have a right to life. Of course, I disagree. When they come into my house. I want them out. Pronto. And if they don't leave on their own. I bring in lethal force. Caught two mice in traps last night. I had Loverboy on mouse patrol. But that was useless. Wouldn't surprise me if he became pals with the mice. Yes, he is a true loverboy. Even loves my enemies. Years ago, I had a cat named Buchta. Could just as well have been called Kid Vicious. When Buchta spotted a mouse, it was doomsday.  He'd sit up all night. Waiting for the mouse to venture out of hiding from behind the washing machine. The mouse didn't stand a chance. Loverboy's mate, Chenuska, was put to sleep this winter. After attaining the ripe age of 20-something. She wasn't feeling good. Being ravaged by the effects of old age. Sooner or later, I'll recruit a new companion for Loverboy. But the last thing this abode needs is a Lovergirl. Give me a 'no mercy' mouse-killer. --Jim Broede

No comments: