Monday, February 2, 2015

The bureaucratic limbo of hell.

I have set foot. Into the medical bureaucracies. Of Italy. Of America. Treading my way. Yes, with a fear and trepidation. Normally, I am a man that doesn't pray much. If at all. But I'm frightened enough. This time. To plead for divine guidance. From the creator himself. I am full of anxiety. Imagining an experience. That may be worse than a walk through the Valley of Death. Wondering. If l will be lost. Forever. In the Abyss of Competing Bureaucracies. I need help. A guide. And I'm asking. With full and complete humility. Please, creator, come to my rescue. Please take my hand. Be at my side. Guide me. Guide me. Guide me. I will try. Valiantly. To fear no evil. To trust that you will be with me. All the way. And bring me to safety. Once again. Believe me. I am praying. Because I am scared. Of the bureaucrats. Maybe it's mostly my imagination. But there's nothing I fear more. Than unyielding and pitiless bureaucrats. With petty demand after petty demand after petty demand. Lasting into eternity. Yes, a living hell. Fortunately, I am a writer. Still with verbal access to the world outside the hellish bureaucracies.  That, and you, dear creator, may be my only hope. My links to salvation. To the good life once again. Please. Please allow me to escape the bureaucratic limbo of hell. --Jim Broede

No comments: