Friday, February 20, 2015

Too much to think about?

Maybe ignorance prevails more. Today. In the so-called modern era. Than it did in old times. Long ago. Because we are inundated with information. More than one can handle. And deal with. I can pick and choose. From multiple options. When it comes to forming my beliefs. Propaganda abounds. I don't have to think for myself. I can let Fox News or MSNBC control my mind. With sound bites. And not pursue meaningful thought.  Easier to feel entertained. Rather than informed. If I lived in isolation. On a desert island. Or in a cocoon. With maybe a true love. Or a friend or two. It would be easier to focus on a meaningful relationship. Including the spiritual. Perhaps the modern era spreads me too thin. Could it be that I have far too much to think about? --Jim Broede

No comments: