Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Will I be certified as crazy?

I wonder. If psychotherapists go to psychotherapists. I suspect so. After all, they're always listening to other people's problems Must drive them nuts. Actually, if I were a therapist. I'd specialize. In treating other therapists. In fact, I am a therapist. An amateur, albeit. But I'm better at it than many professionals. Sure, I may be unorthodox. But I'm good. And effective. Believe me. I'd give the professionals something to think about. Anyway, I'm going to practice the art of psychotherapy. On Feb. 11. When I go to a professional. For counseling. About some of my unconventional/crazy thoughts. Such as. That it's good to be crazy. Some of the more conservative psychotherapists might want to certify me as crazy.  And want to put me away. But the really good psychotherapists may conclude that I'm fully sane. And that I should continue pursuing my career as a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer, a writer. And not least, an amateur psychotherapist. --Jim Broede

No comments: