Sunday, February 15, 2015

With an unshackled spirit.

Thinking tonight. That I do dance. Inwardly. With my spirit. With my soul. And with the spirits of other people. I dance. To the music of Mozart and Haydn and Beethoven. Their spirits live. Inside me. I am moved. Enamored.  By their spirits.  I don't make music. Don't compose. I don't play an instrument. Or sing. But I feel their music. The music of other souls. Maybe even when I was a baby. Certainly when I was an adolescent.  Spirits are living. All around me. They goad me on. To find meaning. In life. In love. Great artists. Are also technicians. In the physical sense. They have mastered technique. I have no desire to be a technician. I leave that to others. Better that I absorb the vibrations. And make spiritual love. With feeling. With passion. From within. With an unshackled spirit. --Jim Broede

No comments: