Saturday, March 7, 2015

Always a tomorrow.

One’s life evolves in so many interesting ways. Every day, a new chapter. A new revelation. In the continuing story of one’s life. I’ve compared it to living in a novel. I am the protagonist. The observer. The teller of the endless story. Of how I became a romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer. With still more to come.  I am not only reading this ‘novel.’ I am living it. That makes it more than fiction. Makes it real. A real and true aliveness. A real and true consciousness. And there are so many characters in this story. You, for instance, the reader of this account. This page. Many of you have entered my life’s story. Especially you, my amore mio. From Sardinia. You have brought me much happiness. You have helped to make my story a true love story.  We all have entered each other’s lives in significant and meaningful ways. In big roles. In minor roles. Entering and leaving the scene. Some gone forever.  But you, my amore mio, are with me every day. Some days in the flesh. Other times. From a distance. On Skype. But every day. We are together. One way or another. My first true love is gone. For over eight years now.  But, oh, what a love. For 38 years. Still alive. In a spiritual realm. Because that is the way the story is being written. The way I choose to write it and live it and believe it. I have been blessed. With two true loves. That’s the core of my life’s story. And to think, it’s still being lived. Another page. Every day. Chapter after endless chapter. Maybe it’s a story without an ending. That’s the way I’m trying to live it. Forever and ever. One day, one page, one chapter at a time. Always a tomorrow. --Jim Broede

No comments: