Thursday, March 26, 2015

Believe me. I'm perfectly balanced.

Walking and biking. They are repetitive exercises. I used to pick one or the other. For my daily exercise routine. Walking 10 miles. Or biking 30 miles. But now I have a better idea. Blending the two. Every day. Walking a slug of miles. And biking a hefty sum, too. When I experience tightness or fatigue in my legs while walking, I stop. And hop on my bicycle for a few miles. The change in motion provides relief to my legs. After 5 miles or so of biking, I resume walking. For a few miles. Alternating. Going back and forth. Interspersing the two forms of exercise. Most days. I settle for 7 to 10 miles of walking. And 10 to 15 miles of biking. My amore mio says I exercise too much. But she's wrong. Having learned to listen to my wiser body. Doing what it dictates.  Not too much. Not too little. Instead, a blend. Of walking and biking. Believe me. I'm perfectly balanced. --Jim Broede

No comments: