Monday, March 30, 2015

Is life for real or merely a dream?

Sleep. Allows me to stop thinking. Consciously. For a while. Though I may still be thinking. Subconsciously. Maybe my mind is always working. Always functioning. Don't know if that's a good thing. Or a bad thing. Maybe it really doesn't matter. Maybe that's the purpose of life. To think. About any and everything. No limits. Especially when using one's imagination. Makes me wonder, too. If I dream every night. But simply can't remember some dreams. Especially when I am wide awake. When sleeping. I could be living in a totally different world. Without consciously knowing it. Living two lives. Or several lives. All at once. Of course, my conscious life could be a dream, too. If it is. That doesn't bother me. Because that may be the real nature of life. A dream. Over which I have no control. Though I'm attempting to take control. By convincing myself. That I'm wide awake. And ain't dreaming. --Jim Broede

No comments: