Sunday, March 15, 2015

The clever little Loverboy.

It's nice. Getting up at 1:30 in the morning. After a few hours of sleep. Nothing bothering me. I have a clear mind. And I feel rested. Therefore, no need to stay in bed. Interesting observation. My cat, Loverboy, almost always gets up with me.  As if he's duty-bound. To keep me company. Always at my side. At my feet. At my beck and call. We are almost constant companions. Lately, I have allowed Loverboy to stay in bed. With me.  Because he was sick a few days ago. Had to go to the vet. Where he stayed. Caged. Overnight. That was stressful for Loverboy. When he came home. He didn't eat for two days. Maybe from the stress. Of having been away from home for 24 hours. Decided to spoil him. With the best of food. The same stuff I eat. Roasted chicken. Finally coaxed him to nibble. To dine with me. Makes me wonder. If Loverboy faked his illness. In order to be treated like royalty. Yes. I wouldn't put it past. The clever little Loverboy. --Jim Broede

No comments: