Monday, April 20, 2015

Getting on with life.

Why should I care about anyone? Thing is. I probably don't care about more than a loved one or two. And a few friends. Because if I cared about multitudes, I might be overwhelmed. Better to go through the motions of caring for others. Which may be the same as not really caring. Could be that I really care only about me.  About surviving. About being happy. And contented. At peace, so to speak. For that to happen, I allow only certain people into my inner sanctum. I shut out the remainder. For selfish reasons. To make life easier. Less complicated. Could be that I can't handle/deal with more than one true love/true friend at a time. It's called focus. I narrow my vision. My outlook. My reality. In order to get my act together.  My way of getting on with life. --Jim Broede

No comments: