Friday, April 24, 2015

I wonder. About twisted minds.

Twisted minds. I encounter them. Daily. If not personally. In the news. Like that Germanwings pilot. That committed suicide. By slamming his plane into the French Alps. With 149 others aboard. Indeed, that is a twisted mind. Evidence indicates that it was a calculated act. Planned. Thought about. Researched. I personally know people with twisted minds. Fully capable of suicidal acts. A family  member. Friends. Acquaintances. People who chose suicide. As the means to end their lives. Thought I saw a statistic. Indicating 40,000 suicides. Every year. In the U.S. alone. Makes me wonder. What is a twisted mind? Take egocentric politicians, for instance. I'd swear.   Many of 'em have twisted minds. For even pursuing a career in politics. Maybe even I have a wonderfully twisted mind. For having fallen in love. With precious life. Despite the travesties.  Wrought by twisted minds. --Jim Broede

No comments: