Monday, April 13, 2015

Without any coaxing.

Gardening. Another pursuit that I'm taking seriously. Spending hours. Daily. On my hands and knees. Preparing my yard. For spring planting. I love the feel of dirt. And moist leaves. Left over from fall. My amore mio wants me to have a hefty and varied array of flowers. When she arrives this summer. She will take charge. And fine tune my handiwork. I'm thinking of planting hostas. Maybe hundreds. Because they thrive in the shade. Of my heavily wooded yard. My amore mio will have free rein in the sunny areas. With colorful flowers. Of her choice. And I will fortify my rock gardens. With more rocks.  I wonder, too, if I can find space for a vegetable garden.  And an apple tree. Meanwhile, I'm looking for the original design for the Garden of Eden. Complete with the forbidden fruit. From the tree of boundless knowledge. I'll willingly taste the fruit. Without any coaxing.  --Jim Broede
       

No comments: