Wednesday, April 15, 2015

In simple, understandable terms.

I'm my own best psychotherapist. Always have been. Even as a kid. I can figure things out. If something bothers me. And makes me unhappy. I analyze the situation. And do something about it. And become reasonably happy again. No sense in allowing  unhappiness to linger.  I like to counsel friends. Whether they like it or not. Because I see solutions to their problems. Might as well tell them. Even if it takes being brutally honest. The next move is up to them. Take it or leave it. Of course, they have the opportunity/option to figure out things. By themselves. That's the preferred way. But hey. A really good psychotherapist should make it easy. By prescribing solutions. There for the taking. That's not foisting anything on anyone. Just merely stating the obvious. Often in simple, understandable terms. --Jim Broede

No comments: