Sunday, April 5, 2015

To never be bored to death.

Life is interesting. Always has been. Of course, I speak only for myself. Never a reason to be bored. Because I'm always curious. About something or other. But I have friends and acquaintances. Some of whom seem bored. I like being around them. Because it gives me the opportunity to practice psychoanalysis. And to suggest that they don't have to be bored. That it's possible to cultivate the craft/art of curiosity. To think about being alive. And conscious. That would be a revelation.  An astounding discovery. Certainly, that's better than going through the motions of living. On automatic pilot. Bored. Anyway, I'm excited. At 3-something in the morning. As I wake. And become aware of my consciousness. My ability to think. Concrete thoughts. Flitting. From one thought. To another. An endless chain of thoughts. I'm captivated. Mostly by the thought. That I am alive and conscious. A real person. With the ability to explore ways to make life exciting and thrilling and meaningful. To never be bored to death. --Jim Broede

No comments: