Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fortunately, I took control.

As long as I'm fully immersed in today, tomorrow doesn't really matter. Seems to me that the worry warts of the world, get too far ahead of themselves. Into tomorrow and next week and next year. Before they have lived today. Better to take care of the moment.  To get satisfaction and happiness now. No delay.  The other day. I asked a troubled friend to give me 10 minutes of her time. She claimed to be too busy. Yes, too busy to be happy. Too busy to talk to me. She had to focus on her troubles. Therefore, I became demanding. And cited examples of her wasting time. When she would be better off. Allowing me to practice psychotherapy. To get her refocused. Now. Not tomorrow. Fortunately, I took control of the situation. And helped to turn her day around.--Jim Broede

No comments: