Saturday, May 23, 2015

My dream of longterm survival.

Real live people. From the 19th century. Are almost gone. Only three survivors remain. If what I heard on the radio yesterday. Is true. Imagine that. Everybody else among the billions and billions of people matriculating on Mother Earth today were born in the 20th or 21st century. Fascinating, isn't it? To reflect on an almost bygone era. Gives me pause. To think. That 20th century guys like me will all be gone at some date in the 22nd century. I'll never attain my goal to be the lone survivor from the 20th century. Because I was born too early. Too soon. The odds are with someone born in 1999, not 1935. Though I don't rule out a consolation prize. Surviving. As a non-physical spirit. Forever. That's my dream. My imaginative goal. Maybe that will give me the opportunity to converse some day with 19th century personages. Though it be in spiritual form. --Jim Broede
       

No comments: