Thursday, June 4, 2015

The best invention ever.

I write. For selfish reasons. Mainly to allow me to ponder my own words. My own thoughts. To make sense of my life. Of course, I share many thoughts. With others. But really, that’s not my primary goal. I take time to read what I write. Because often I’m initially unaware of the significance of what’s just been written. Frequently asking myself, what am I really saying? And I find a better way to say it. One nice thing. Written words can be easily retrieved. My thoughts are allowed to percolate. And often take on new meaning. Even years later. Of course, I often think without written words. But many of those thoughts tend to be elusive. Forgotten. Because there are too many to remember. I even forget some written thoughts. Until I stumble across them. Because I had the foresight to file them away. Anyway. All this writing. Makes me wonder. If the written word. Is the best invention ever. –Jim Broede

No comments: