Saturday, June 27, 2015

Why not forever?

My mind set keeps changing. As I get older. I'm more likely to plan in the short term. Rather than the long term. When I was 40 or 50, it was easier to imagine living another 30 years.  Now that I'm nearing 80, I'll be lucky to live 10 more years. Hard for me to fathom life in 30 years. I'll be long gone. From Mother Earth. Of course, nothing stops me from imagining an idyllic afterlife. As a non-physical being. A spirit. That's my source of solace.  My fertile imagination. I start to think more about the unlikely and the impossible.  Which is a good thing. The fact that I exist. As a living and conscious being. That's incredible. All by it's self. Almost makes me believe in the impossible. That's why I write stuff like this. My way of exploring the long-term future. In novel and dazzling ways. As a romantic idealist. That's what I am now.  So I ask, why not forever? It's good for my morale. An attitude that keeps me happy. Even in old age. --Jim Broede

No comments: