Thursday, July 30, 2015

I'd like to think so.

Oh, so very, very much in this world is cruel. But still, so much to savor. Yes, I'm in love. With life. Despite the fact that my dear Jeanne died seven years ago. Of complications from Alzheimer's. We were married for 38 years. Mostly very, very good years. Maybe Alzheimer's was a price to be paid. For me experiencing true love. As I reflect now, it was a price worth paying. Yes, it might have been nicer if Jeanne had died of a heart attack or a stroke, or even cancer. Or because of an accident. Or a devastating war. Or a plague. Not sure that there is a nice way to die. I'm going to die, too. But I'm imagining a better life. Maybe as a spirit. In a non-physical realm. I'm not religious. But I'm spiritual. A romantic idealist. A free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer. So many ways to fall in love. With life. Despite living in a sometimes cruel world. Anyway, I'm thankful. For having love in my life. I am now living with my Italian amore. Maybe my dear Jeanne arranged all this. From whatever realm in which she's residing. I'd like to think so. --Jim Broede

No comments: