Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ignorant and happy.

I am fully able. To shut out the world. For a few hours. Or even for a day or two. A period of solitude. And sometimes I wonder. If I should try to live in solitude. For weeks or months or years. I'd probably be able to adjust to such a life. I'd probably find it comforting. Instead, I settle for a few hours of solitude. Here and there. And then return to the world. Even though my world is relatively small. And isolated.  Whether it be in Minnesota. Or in Sardinia. I try to live off the beaten track. Away from crowds. In quiet environs. I keep track of world events. Through the media. But I could easily choose to ignore the news. And cloister myself. Away from the rest of the world. Ignorant and happy. Maybe even in a state of bliss. --Jim Broede

No comments: