Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Believe me. I kid you not.

If I wanted to be unhappy. It would be easy. I could find ample reasons. And justification for being unhappy. I suspect that's what many people do. They want to be unhappy. And they go to it. With fervor. Fortunately, I'm of another persuasion. I crave happiness. So I go about pursuing happiness. With fervor.  Funny thing. That annoys some unhappy people. It's almost as if they wish everyone to be unhappy. Maybe a case of misery loves company. They take me to task. For being a Pollyanna. A happy-go-lucky fella. Even when I was an Alzheimer's care-giver. I found ways to be happy. Even learning to make care-giving a pleasure. Sometimes I'm kidding. But not this time. It really became an uplifting spiritual experience. Like I was doing something right and proper and fulfilling. Like I was on a mission of love. Some unhappy care-givers tell me that can't be. That I'm making this stuff up. Because they can't comprehend any care-giver being happy and full of good vibes. But believe me. I kid you not. --Jim Broede

No comments: