Friday, August 7, 2015

I am enchanted.

I learned to like being an Alzheimer care-giver. So much so. That after my dear sweet wife Jeanne died of Alzheimer's, I remained a care-giver. To others. Oh, not to many. Only a few. On a voluntary basis. Because I became intrigued. By the nature of good vibes therapy. It worked on Jeanne.  Made sense. To test it on others. Lo and behold. It worked. Time after time. So I started promoting the idea.  Suggesting that exhausted care-givers were practicing the opposite. Therapy filled with too many bad vibes. Of course, some took that as criticism. And in a sense, it was. But all I was saying was that there are better and more effective ways. Anyway, I've never stopped caring. For obvious reasons. I am enchanted. By the pursuit. --Jim Broede

No comments: