Monday, September 14, 2015

Adding 'living spirit' to my resume.

I'm 80. It's really not my imagination any more. I am 80 years old. Have been for several days now. And I'm still alive. And functioning. Maybe better than ever. Thought about not proclaiming my achievement. As if reaching old age was shameful. Really, it isn't. I'd rather be old and alive. Than young and dead. Better yet, I'd like to be a non-physical living spirit.  So that I could explore the cosmos without physical restraints. That's still my long-term dream. Living forever. In a spiritual realm. With the same privileges and wherewithal of the creator. But if I can't have that, might as well hang around. For another 10 or 15 years. Already, I've evolved. In dramatic and glorious fashion. Into a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer, a writer. It would be nice to add 'living spirit' to my resume. --Jim Broede

No comments: