Thursday, September 10, 2015

Doing what I have to do.

Don't know why I interfere in other people's lives. Maybe I should merely sit back. Withdraw. And let things happen. Take Julie, for instance. Really, it should be none of my business. As to how she behaves. Whether she goes into depression. And drinks. And becomes self-destructive. Maybe I should merely manage my life. And leave others manage theirs. And I should just butt out. What am I trying to do? Save Julie? From what? From herself? Julie is being Julie. Maybe I should learn to accept Julie. Just as she is. And if I don't like it. I can opt to steer clear of Julie. Ignore her. And get on with the rest of my life. Just like I ignored my sister. For many years. Because she displeased me. What if I did that? With not only Julie. But with everyone. Of course, I can't see me doing that. Instead, I choose to interact. Especially with people that I like. Doing what I have to do. For one reason or another. --Jim Broede

No comments: