Saturday, October 31, 2015

Beats being dead.

It's too easy. To find something. To worry about. Mostly by thinking ahead. Far, far ahead. Because that ultimately leads to one's demise. Also known as death.  I'm fortunate. In that's what it takes. Thinking about the end of life. For me to worry. Some of my friends. Have immediate problems.  That keep them worrying. Round the clock. I had a worrisome dream tonight. But got the problem solved. By waking up. Now I'm feeling better. More or less worry-free. Because I have decided to live the immediate moment. Without getting involved in the past or the future. By writing about the concept. Of don't worry. Be happy. Everyone can do it. If they try. That includes my most worrisome friends. Julie and Rick. Rick does a better job of finding happiness. Though far from perfect. As for his wife Julie, she's the queen of fret. Some days, she doesn't have a moment of happiness. Because she's in the deep throes of depression. And doesn't seek help. Instead, she wallows. Endlessly in doldrums. And goes to her stashes of red wine. In fruitless attempts to drown her sorrows. But the wine only drives Julie deeper into despair. She's trapped. And can't find her way out. To safety. And happiness. Indeed, that's a human tragedy. A living hell. Little wonder. That some people would rather be dead. Than alive. But I'm not one of 'em. I'd rather be alive and happy. Beats being dead.. --Jim Broede

No comments: