Tuesday, October 20, 2015

For daring a palace coup.

The baseball gods are toying with me. Trying to teach me a lesson. In humility. In acceptance. For daring a palace coup. For daring to even think. That I could usurp the divine authority of the baseball gods. By declaring myself the supreme ruler of baseball. That would allow me to write the script. For this year's World Series. With the Cubs going all the way. For the first time since 1908. Unfortunately, things ain't looking good. At the moment. The Cubs are down. Two games to none. Against the New York Mets. For the mere right to represent the National League. In pursuit of the Holy Grail. By tomorrow night. The Cubs could be swept. Out. Kaput. Finished. A storybook ending for Mets fans. A nightmare for Cubs fans. For daring a palace coup. --Jim Broede

No comments: