Sunday, October 18, 2015

Putting life in proper perspective.

Nothing is more difficult. Than having to rise above one's emotions. Specifically, my emotions. For instance. As a diehard Chicago Cubs fan. I emotionally want the Cubs to advance to the World Series. And win it all. This year. For the first time since 1908. But if the Cubs fall  short of such a goal. I have to learn and practice acceptance. There are other things in life I'd rather have. Such as a continuing loving relationship with my Italian amore. Another thing, I'd not trade a year or two, or even a day of my precious life, for a World Series title. Another thing. I'd rather see my dear friend Julie stop drinking. Once and for all. Yes, better to see Julie win. And the Cubs lose. On the other hand, I'd gladly give up some amount of money. For the Cubs to go all the way. Anyway, there's ample evidence. That I love certain personal and intimate commitments and attachments. Far more than I love the Chicago Cubs. Yes. Yes. Yes. That's what I'm doing. Putting the truly meaningful stuff of life in proper perspective. --Jim Broede

No comments: