Thursday, October 22, 2015

The way a god operates.

I’m reluctant. About intervening. In other people’s lives. But that doesn’t stop me. From being curious about people. Especially strangers. I need to know. Something significant about someone I’ve just met. Give me 10 minutes. And I’ll find it. I’d use that. As a clue. For forming an impression. Doesn’t matter. Whether it’s right or wrong. I can clarify that later. If I so desire.  Often I don’t. Because most strangers come and go. Never to be encountered again.  But I owe it to them. And to myself. To have discovered something memorable. To file away. Often in writing. That allows me to form imaginary characters. Yes, I can give them lives. By creating a story. Without directly intervening in their real lives.  Maybe that’s the way a god operates. --Jim Broede

No comments: