Thursday, November 12, 2015

Here's one of my secrets.

Maybe it's unwise. That I have a habit. Of not keeping secrets. Especially my own secrets. They never remain secrets for very long. Because I broadcast secrets. So that they aren't secret any more. It's a form of honesty. That doesn't always endear me to others. Because I generally have nothing to hide. Even the bad stuff. I encourage others, too. To come out. From behind their facades And let everyone know.  Who and what they are.  Of course, that takes some guts. Fortitude. And honesty. Sometimes, I get into trouble. For revealing other people's secrets. Did it often. When I wrote for newspapers. That was my job. And I did it well.  I reveal my own secrets. In order to set an example. For others. Best to practice what one preaches. Here's one of my other secrets. I don't always practice what I preach. --Jim Broede

No comments: