Saturday, November 28, 2015

I focus. On what I can do.

I have to be a man in motion. Moving. Walking. There’s no other way. To be a living human being. Strange, isn’t it? I’m not a dancer. I don’t know why. I go through motions. But I don’t dance. At least not in conventional ways. My mind dances. To and fro. I can skip. And hop. Jump, too. But that’s not dancing. I observe. And watch other people dance. Smoothly. With all the proper steps. But I can’t follow. Let alone lead. I don’t sing, either. Or play a musical instrument. Can’t carry a tune.  But I love listening. To music. Especially classical. Haydn. Mozart. Beethoven. But I can’t make music. Or dance. Maybe that’s a double handicap. But I’ve learned to live with it. There just are things I can’t do. Little wonder. I focus. On what I can do.  -Jim Broede

No comments: