Friday, November 13, 2015

In order to keep my sanity.

Seems like everything is in turmoil. The entire world.  Every time I read or turn on the news.  People disagreeing with each other. To the point of killing. Senselessly. Even the politicians. From the same parties. Castigating each other.  More refugees. Fleeing their countries.  And  here we are. In America. Many of us. Turning cold shoulders. To so-called illegal immigrants. Who have come in search of a better life. What has happened to all of us? Have we lost sight of the common good? If we ever had it. Tonight I have turned off the news. I am listening to great music.  The classics. That have survived despite the endless conflagrations. I'm reading poetry, too. Good stuff. I am shutting out the bad stuff. In order to keep my sanity. And my love for life. --Jim Broede

No comments: