Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A natural born dreamer, am I.

I’m running out of time. Yes, that’s a peril. When one reaches old age. But I’m learning to deal with time. By not thinking too far ahead. Into oblivion. The important thing. I’m here now. And able to imagine being around. For another five years. Maybe even 10. If I’m lucky. Of course, it was more comforting when I was able to imagine. Realistically. Being around for another 50 years. Though there never were any guarantees. But the statistics were still on my side.  Not so any more. But I have one big advantage. My imagination. It’s more fertile and creative than ever. I imagine. Living on and on. As spirit. That’s contrary to scientific evidence. But then, I’m fortunate. To not be a scientist.  Instead, I’m a natural born dreamer. --Jim Broede

No comments: