Tuesday, December 22, 2015

In my own solitary way.

I can do without all the Christmas folderol. Another sign. That I’m a former Christian. Raised in the church. Confirmed. As a Protestant. When still a youth. Before I knew better.  And became a spiritual free-thinker. Yes. Free of organized religion.  But still a believer. In the holy spirit. As a youngster. I was sucked into celebrating Christmas. For selfish reasons. The gifts.  But I soon learned. Of the wear and tear. The celebration had. On almost everyone around me. The social obligations. Going though the motions. Of being happy and joyous. In festive ways. With other people. I’ve since learned. That the best way to celebrate. Is alone. Quietly.  In peace.  A time to turn inward. To reflect. And to muse. In my own solitary way. About being in love. With life. --Jim Broede

No comments: