Thursday, December 10, 2015

The intricate way my mind operates.

A totally intellectual life. Would scare me. Would make me despondent. Therefore, I branch out. Into non-intellectual pursuits. And allow irrational, but relatively happy  unscientific presumptions to creep in.  Through my fertile imagination. I am able to accept certain premises. Without any proof, intellectually speaking.  For instance, I force myself to believe. In the existence of a totally non-physical spiritual realm. Where one is fully alive and conscious. It’s a case of believing what I want to believe. Even if my brainy-based  common sense tells me otherwise. I allow my emotional desires to hold sway. For the purpose of creating a reality that I find acceptable. That is, if I were my own creator. Yes, that’s the intricate way my mind operates. --Jim Broede

No comments: